Simidude 1.1.0 released
Today I released version 1.1.0 of AGYNAMIX Simidude. This new release comes along with a load of new features that just were not ready for version 1 but are now.
New Features of Simidude 1.1.0:
- Automatic Updates: Simidude now automatically checks if new updates are available. In such a case you'll get notified and asked if you'd download the new release.
- Image Thumbnails: if you drag an image onto Simidude or copy the path of an image to the clipboard, Simidude will show a thumbnail view of the image so that you can visually distinguish Simidude entries much better. Please note that a thumbnail will not be created if the image is too large (over 2 Mio. bytes).
- Copy Images from Clipboard: If you copy an image to the clipboard it is now processed by Simidude. Simidude will show a thumbnail view of the copied image as well as its pixel size. The image will be sent to all connected clients and can from there be dragged onto a target application or copied into the clipboard of the target machine.
- Double Click on Files: Double clicking on a file now tries to open the application registered for this file type. If the content of this file has not yet been retrieved from the source client this will be done prior to launching the registered application.
- Double Click on Urls: Double clicking on text that is recognized as an Url now opens the standard browser with that Url. It is now even easier to copy a Url to the clipboard on one machine and open it by simply double clicking on it on another machine.
- Filtering of Simidude Entries: In the upper right corner of the main Simidude window there is now a little search box. Type some text there and after hitting "Enter" only entries that contain this text will be displayed. This will make it easier for you to sift through a larger number of entries.
- Buttons to remove on or all entries: To make using Simidude more comfortable there are now menu entries and toolbar button to remove the currently selected entry or to clear the whole list. The currently selected entry can also be removed by hitting the "Del" or "Backspace" key.
- Better Mac OS X integration: Simidude now supports the standard OS X application menu with entries like "About", "Preferences" and "Quit". Simidude now comes with a proper Macintosh-Icon now that does not feature that ugly scaling artifacts as the previous one did.
I am very pleased with the current version. I would encourage you to download our free 30-day trial version and test it.