Beta 1 of AGYNAMIX Simidude, the cross platform network clipboard is available
Hi everybody, thanks for waiting so long! Today I release the first beta of Simidude 1.3.0 to the public. I'm using this version internally but still, it's not as widely tested as 1.2.0. These are some of the new features of Simidude 1.3.0:
- An embedded HTTP server. The embedded HTTP server allows you to access Simidude entries from any machines that has a browser installed. This is useful if you want to access Simidude but have no permission to install your own software, maybe because you're setting up your client's machine and want to use Simidude to transfer data back and forth. Here is a more in depth article about this new exiting feature.
- Save compressed... Simidude now offers a way to quickly save any text, image, file or directory in ZIP compressed format. To do this simply right click on an entry and choose "Save compressed...". That is actually the most efficient way to get some text stuffed into a compressed file: copy the text passage to clipboard, after it occurs in Simidude click "Save compressed...", change the file name if you want and hit that big "Save" button. That's it you're done.
- Restore the Clipboard after a reboot. There is now an option in the preferences, if set the current content of the clipboard will be saved to disk. After a restart Simidude checks if the clipboard is still empty. If that is the case the saved entry will be restored. It was a bit hard to test because I didn't find a way to really empty the clipboard (on Mac) other then rebooting the machine...
- Some minor GUI improvements. There is no Exit-Button in the toolbar any more that might have caused trouble.
- Of course there where some bugs left for the purpose of being cleaned up later.
- Finally there are 64bit releases for Windows and Linux. I have tested them on Windows 64bit and Ubuntu 64. If you have a 64 bit machine please make sure to try them out and report back any misbehavior.
So here we go. I do not yet add the beta release to the update notifier. If you want to try it out please download the beta from here.
- Simidude 1.3.0b1 for Windows 32bit
- Simidude 1.3.0b1 for Windows 64bit
- Simidude 1.3.0b1 for Mac OS X
- Simidude 1.3.0b1 for Linux 32bit
- Simidude 1.3.0b1 for Linux 64bit